free website stats program D.I.Y. E.J.K. Gen 3 set up? | Harley Davidson Forums

D.I.Y. E.J.K. Gen 3 set up?

FerrousBueller

Looking forward to installing Dobeck E.J.K., Gen 3 next week. Looking for a more "Hands On" set up vs. calling Tech Support. I don't have anything against Dobeck's Support, ( Thank You, Dallas! ) I just want to find the answers instead of being told what the answers are.
My reason for this request is this: TFI Suggested Settings. This looks like a lot more fun (and noisy ).
Is there a similar procedure list for the E.J.K.?

I also want to do my upgrades in steps so I can feel the improvements as I go. Add E.J.K., Intake, then Exhaust.

turn the tuner back to zero and start from there , i would go the way doebeck said and then play with it a adjusting it , thats what i did , i pulled the tank off for my hands to get in easier , xtra 15 minutes , unless you dacide to clean ur heads while there easy to get to j/m/o

The TFI tuning suggestions you listed can also apply to the GEN 3 controller. Below is a listing of how the TFI and GEN 3 for "MOST" applications relate:

TFI 1st pot = GEN 3 1st mode which is the GREEN zone (cruise/pilot jets)
TFI 2nd pot = GEN 3 2nd mode which is the YELLOW zone (acceleration/needle)
TFI 3rd pot = GEN 3 3rd mode which is the RED zone (full throttle/main jet)
TFI 4th pot = GEN 3 6th mode which is the RED Zone switch point. The GEN 3 controller is not strictly an RPM adjustment point, but can be thought of this way just like the TFI.

The GEN 3 controller offers 2 additional modes over the TFI. Most Harley controllers have the 4th mode (Green-Blue) set to be decel fuel adjustment. The 5th mode (Yellow-Blue) is a Yellow Zone switch point. Rarely adjusted, but controls how soon the acceleration fuel is engaged.

All our controllers are sold as electronic jet kits and we encourage users to just play around with the settings a little to get a good feel of what they are adjusting.

The TFI tuning suggestions you listed can also apply to the GEN 3 controller. Below is a listing of how the TFI and GEN 3 for "MOST" applications relate:

TFI 1st pot = GEN 3 1st mode which is the GREEN zone (cruise/pilot jets)
TFI 2nd pot = GEN 3 2nd mode which is the YELLOW zone (acceleration/needle)
TFI 3rd pot = GEN 3 3rd mode which is the RED zone (full throttle/main jet)
TFI 4th pot = GEN 3 6th mode which is the RED Zone switch point. The GEN 3 controller is not strictly an RPM adjustment point, but can be thought of this way just like the TFI.

The GEN 3 controller offers 2 additional modes over the TFI. Most Harley controllers have the 4th mode (Green-Blue) set to be decel fuel adjustment. The 5th mode (Yellow-Blue) is a Yellow Zone switch point. Rarely adjusted, but controls how soon the acceleration fuel is engaged.

All our controllers are sold as electronic jet kits and we encourage users to just play around with the settings a little to get a good feel of what they are adjusting.

Well, there you go! I did what you suggested today and played around a bit. Bike seemed to be happiest with first mode, Green, set @2.5 or 3. I let the bike warm up, Ran the motor up to 2000RPM and locked the throttle. Adjusting the settings up and down the whole scale I could hear and see a difference of 300RPMs less. Finally left it where I found it for now, (@ 2.5?) but I feel like I did something. This is a completely stock bike except for the E.J.K.

I've had fun before and it was a lot like this!

Opps! Turning Green Mode up to 2.5-3 may not have been a good idea. Got 157 miles out of the last tank fill. That's 32 MPG. May have something to do with me romping on it every chance I got too. Turned the Green Mode back down to 1 for this tank full.

Back