free website stats program Cylinder Temperature Sending Unit | Harley Davidson Forums

Cylinder Temperature Sending Unit

Engine Temp. Sensor didn't come out until the TC's in '99. Shovel Heads & Evos never had them that I know about.
tourbox

I have a 1983 FXRT Tour Packet, pretty much stock. It came equipped with a clock, voltmeter, engine temp, and oil pressure. It also had a radio ( which I had replaced). The sensor is located on the cylinder head on the left side (as I sit on the motorcycle). Maybe I was using the wrong terminology, sending unit perhaps..?.

Flex; I can't help with the sending unit, but there are a couple of FXRT forums that may help. Google search for one. Kudo's to you for keeping your Sport Glide original.

Could you post a pic of the unit on the head? Also a pic of the temperature gauge. I don't see anything of either in a parts diagram.
tourbox

I looked at Ronnie's and couldnt even find a mention of such an animal........

Yes, Ronnies' book doesn't show any gauges other than tach/speedo. My curiosity got me yesterday, and I looked around the 'net for some info. I found some pics, and this attached video clip. there are 4 small gauges in the fairing, and one on the tank. I can't make out which is what, but a head temp. could be part of the package. I'm still sorry I couldn't haggle a decent price for the '85 FXRT Sport Glide that was at Barber vintage days 2 yrs ago.

Back