free website stats program CV Choke ??? | Harley Davidson Forums

CV Choke ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

00fxsts

Removed a Mikuni and reinstalled the CV. CV has been in the box for a couple of years. Changed the choke cable back to the original setup and installed in CV. Won't start with choke out. Runs great if NOT started with choke. Pull choke out and bike kills. Pulled carb off, took apart, sprayed down with carb cleaner, reinstalled and no diff. With choke out it almost feels the carb is being flooded or maybe not enough gas. Re-checked everything too many times. Cannot find anything wrong.
I know my way around a CV and I can't figure out what I'm missing.

Any help???

Thanks

I have to say it looks like a problem with the enricher. There's a jet in there that works similar to a carb jet, either it's clogged or missing, probably the later.

Thanks for the reply.

When I replaced the cable I remember seeing what could be a jet? pressed in to the seat where the choke plunger goes into. I do not remember seeing anyway this could be removed. I have taken out a couple choke cables before and have never had this problem or had anything fall out.

I looked on the exploded view in the HD manual and they do not show any type of jet under the the choke plunger or enrichener valve as Harley calls it.

All a choke does is close the buttery fly to cut off air and make mixture richer.
the "so call enrichener valve as Harley calls" it adds fuel they are are not the same thing and do not work in the same way.

Thanks, I know how it works..........so what is this telling me?

WHY won't the bike start cold with the choke out??

Please read the original post slowly

This is going nowhere. I'd be better off putting my head down and running into the wall.

With an attitude like this, maybe you should try it and then maybe you would realize that people are making suggestions to help you out.

Topic is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back