free website stats program Cv Carb interchangeabilty question? | Harley Davidson Forums

Cv Carb interchangeabilty question?

I think that all the carbs will interchange but make sure the throttle bodies are all the same. Some of the carbs have a drain for the float bowl and some of them do not have accelerator pumps.
kemo

While they may physically fit with some equipped with accelerator pump and some without, the question is why...if you are wanting "plug and play" / "turn key" operation, there are plenty of minor differences inside that you would still have to "play" with adjustments and of course, the internals may have "hidden" mods like Dyno Jet and other things that would drive you crazy...unless you are patient and willing to make those "cutting In adjustments"...and sometimes mounting brackets, cable dress and other things make the differences a bit problematic as well.

Im just looking to purchase a carb for my bike so i can ride it rather than wrench it.I have given up on my existing carb for i have done every diagnostic test and adjustment to no avail.

The cv carbs should all fit however if your buying a used one it may give you as much trouble as your old one
as the years went on and epa did its thing then jet sizes started to get a wee bit smaller
so if you get one from a later bike you may have to replace the jets with the correct sizes for your bike
for the 3 bikes i have i currently have 6 carbs as i prefer to use mikuni hsr they work better in my climate

Brian

The cv carbs should all fit however if your buying a used one it may give you as much trouble as your old one
as the years went on and epa did its thing then jet sizes started to get a wee bit smaller
so if you get one from a later bike you may have to replace the jets with the correct sizes for your bike
for the 3 bikes i have i currently have 6 carbs as i prefer to use mikuni hsr they work better in my climate

Brian

Brian has a good choice here and it is very user friendly:s

(The cv carbs should all fit however if your buying a used one it may give you as much trouble as your old one) Yeah,that has definetely crossed my mind...

Back