free website stats program Custom Dynamics | Harley Davidson Forums

Custom Dynamics

Not really sure what you are asking. My '08 Street Bob has turn signals, but they are mounted on the handlebars, bolted through the clutch & brake lever mounts. Yes, I use them. They work great, have never caused me an issue.

I want to know if anyone has ever used Custom Dynamics brand of fork mounted turn signals. Hence the Title name and question.

I am not familiar with their mounts, but there is an almost free alternative which looks good. If interested, let me know and I will post some details.

Here is a pic of my front signals:

Picture003.jpg

I went w/HD's relocation kit on my 05 XL1200C, but only re-located the signals. Are you also going w/their LED's too?

Never used those but have used things from Custom Dynamics before, they are not bad. But honestly, with the genuine HD parts, that fit is alot better, I would save myself the aggravation and use the HD ones. JMO.

I already have the relocated front sigs. Just trying to clean everything up. Getting rid of rear sigs and going w/ Kurykyan's rear taillight (Pancea) with built in sigs. If HD would make a low profile or even a LED sig that mounted under the triple tree with sigs built in. I would be the first in line for it. So for now it will be Custom Dynamics fork mounted LED signals. Nicest looking low profile signals around, they wrap around the fork like a clamp and come in chrome and best of all black with smoked lenses.

i have a 2008 fxdc and have put t bars on which made indicators hit tank so used harley 49mm wrap round fork mounts. great fit. great quality. smoked lenses look good too.:small3d029:

OK I'm curious

Sorry, this thread got buried and I didn't see your post.

Here are the details (and only two months late):

When you remove the signals from the bars, there is some hardware left over which can be used to remount the signals to the triple tree. Each signal has a ball mount, the clutch side also has a ball mount receptacle.

ballreceptacle-1.jpg

The brake side does not have one of these receptacles because the signal mounts to the bottom of the mirror stem.

I went to a nearby dealer and they gave me a second ball mount receptacle they had laying around for free. The mounting hole in these receptacles is 5/16" and needs to be drilled out to 3/8". This will allow the fork pinch bolts to go through the receptacles for mounting on the tree. My original pinch bolts were long enough to go through the ball mount receptacle and still have plenty of meat to thread deep enough into the tree. Make sure you also have enough length so you don't strip the aluminum threads when you torque these bolts.

Picture014a1.jpg

Picture013a.jpg

I shortened the wiring and used wire ties to keep the wiring close to the new mounts.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions or I left out any info.

John

Back