free website stats program Custom built Saddlebag Lid Speakers | Harley Davidson Forums

Custom built Saddlebag Lid Speakers

LPFRAY

Just recieved a call back from, I think it was Jamey, at Loud Lids. Was a very good conversation. Long story short his lids are I think $450 primed and $650 with the 6 1/2" speakers. He also said they are making a version with 5 1/2 speakers that are not even out on the web yet, they are going to unveil them at Biktoberfest. Very nice guy. This is a good alternative to not have a tour pak but still get 4 speaker sound. I do not work for Loud lids but they are worth a look at.

Loud Lids by Street Star Designs

Last edited:
Can't say anything about the product but the young lady on the web site sure is nice!!

Very Interesting product,
Like the concept of rear speakers out of the bags, will have to further research, does anyone in the forum have this product on their bagger now?

Speakers in hard bags has been discussed and tried by many. Bag volume should provide good bass response missing in fairing speakers. Also will allow addition of an amplifier. Has anyone tried these? Unique here in colorado offers retrofits for fairings and handlebar add ons but i have never seen a bag speaker kit.

Great concept but this design ruins the profile of the bag because they have to raise the height of the bag lid to get the speaker angle pointing back at the rider.

I would like to see them make a version where the speaker is sunk into the lid while still keeping the speaker angle and flat lid top. You would obviously lose some bag space but the trade-off would be worth it.

Great concept but this design ruins the profile of the bag because they have to raise the height of the bag lid to get the speaker angle pointing back at the rider.

I would like to see them make a version where the speaker is sunk into the lid while still keeping the speaker angle and flat lid top. You would obviously lose some bag space but the trade-off would be worth it.

I have to agree. First thing I thought when I saw the pictures was, "Aww, now the bag has a hump in it." :(

I have to agree. First thing I thought when I saw the pictures was, "Aww, now the bag has a hump in it." :(

At first I thought the same thing, however you now have a starting point. When I talked with him he sounded like a custom job, different look was possible. Skys the limit as they say. I am going to do these, but not until I get back from Iraq. Spend some of my hard earned cash to look pimp, ha ha.:D

Back