free website stats program Current Natchez Trace foliage | Harley Davidson Forums

Current Natchez Trace foliage

flipper

Account Removed
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the foliage is doing along the Tenn. section of the Trace. We have a trip planned the end of this month in that area and I'm afraid we're going to miss the peak. Thanks.
WAP.gif

I live about 15 minutes from the "Nashville" end of the Parkway... Leaves are just starting to turn...

I live about 15 minutes from the "Nashville" end of the Parkway... Leaves are just starting to turn...

So if we are up there 2 weeks from today, would you think that peak is past???

DBMG, that is a great site. Tons of great information! Thank you!

Flipper, I'd think that would be right in the middle of it... I'm riding down to Muscle Shoals, Ala. in the morning on the Trace. Supposed to be some decent weather this weekend.

Flipper, I'd think that would be right in the middle of it... I'm riding down to Muscle Shoals, Ala. in the morning on the Trace. Supposed to be some decent weather this weekend.

I hope you'll give us an update when you get back. Gorgeous day today! Too bad I'm on call:(

looking forward to your pics flipper

I will be sure to share them Lorne!

I wil be riding the trace on the 28-29th if all goes well in the next 3 days :D

Maybe we can pause and say hi somewhere if the HDT angels allow:s

I hope you'll give us an update when you get back. Gorgeous day today! Too bad I'm on call:(

Just got back... Rode from Leipers Fork to Florence Ala. Weather and scenery was picture perfect, just couldn't get much better. The group I was with continued on down to Mississippi as I have several Honey-dos to take care of tomorrow.

Just judging from where the leaves are at now (just turning) I'd say next weekend will be near peak colors. I know that the East Tn. foliage peaked this weekend and the lower elevation of Mid Tn should follow about a week to a week and a half behind.

I'm fortunate to live as close to the Trace as I do, it's a beautiful ride anytime of the year. Personally I'd as soon ride it as to do the Cherohala Skyway over in Telico. Lots of long sweeping turns, very light traffic, ample rest areas, and great uninterrupted scenery.

Thank y'all for the updates. Now I guess we will just wait and see. We plan to head out a week from Thursday. I'm afraid the leaves will be gone by that weekend with this cold weather moving in. Heck, we were too early for the foliage last year in the Ozarks. Now we may be too late for the Tenn. foliage. Oh well. We will be on the bikes and that's all that counts.

Back