free website stats program Curious about performance | Harley Davidson Forums

Curious about performance

I have a 2013 Flhtcu. This is my first twin cam engine and I'm curious as to wether its performance is normal for this engine. The only bikes I have been able to compare it to is a 96 inch twin cam ( not even close) and a 103 in a trike( to heavy to be a fair comparison). Anyhow, the only add ones are screaming eagle slipons, a K&N filter system and a vied set at 6. The bike will run 114 - 116 mph and get there pretty quick. Normal for this motor?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a kawasaki 1200 sportbike several years back that would run 178mph with me and 181 with my buddy. I'm 225lb he's 180lb.
I have a 2007 heritage and a 2014 ultra limited and the bigger bike with the bigger motor seems like it would pull a stump out of the ground. I'm not sure the FLHTK will run 114-116 mph, but I don't plan on trying anytime soon. I would say yours is running just fine!

Never had mine up to that speed never will. But it gets to to 80-85 pretty darn quick for a big bike. Had an old yamaha up to 105 one time when I was much younger and invincible... Scared me then, can't imagine doing it now. :eek:

My buddies Kawasaki Nomad can never keep up with my stock 2008 FLH including top speed.

Yeah but there is nothing like 0-100 in 3-4 seconds.........:eek:

That's what I was hooked on 0-100. Carry the motor to the Rev limiter 11500rpm's and let go of the clutch, the back tire starts to smoke and when the heat gets built up it starts to grip and you better hold on cause the front wheel is coming up next. Would run high 9's at 145mph in the 1/4. Man I miss that machine!!!

That's what I was hooked on 0-100. Carry the motor to the Rev limiter 11500rpm's and let go of the clutch, the back tire starts to smoke and when the heat gets built up it starts to grip and you better hold on cause the front wheel is coming up next. Would run high 9's at 145mph in the 1/4. Man I miss that machine!!!
145 in a 1/4 mile? Jeez, I just wanted to know if my bagger was normal. I'll slink off to that old guys slow place now.

Back