free website stats program CTRL. button and scroll wheel on mouse | Harley Davidson Forums

CTRL. button and scroll wheel on mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal

Have been using a computer for a number of years but just learned that if you hold down the CTRL. button and turn the wheel on the mouse you can move the screen bigger or smaller. A.K.A. change the font size. Learn something new everyday. What other little secrets are out there that everyone thinks everyone else knows?

Press down on the wheel in the browser and arrow will change to circle with up down arrow, now when you move your mouse up and down it will scroll at what ever your reading speed is...press the wheel again and cursor and mouse operation returns to normal.

Last edited:
I often find it quicker and esier to use old dos type commands
alt f x should exit the programme you are in or
alt f c to close a programme
some exit and some close cos microsoft cant make their minds up on what they want to do
the alt key brings the menue system to life then press the first letter of the menue you need and the command letter for the menue item is underlined

Brian

Yikes, Brian your scaring me...my gal actually remembers the CNTL characters to block and move text from the ol' Wordstar daze...when she can't use the Word sequences...that is almost as bad as me remembering old DOS Edline commands...yech!

the thing is most of the old commands work in windows and often easier and quicker than using a mouse
as i use a laptop most of the time i don't use a mouse but a touch pad which at times is more awkward than a mouse

Brian

If you have multiple websites open in your browser..pressing CNTL + TAB cycles thru each window one at a time.

(Also works on multiple documents/spreadsheets etc.)

the thing is most of the old commands work in windows and often easier and quicker than using a mouse
as i use a laptop most of the time i don't use a mouse but a touch pad which at times is more awkward than a mouse

Brian

Which is why a bought a wireless mouse for my laptop. Never really liked the touch pad. Now, if I can just keep my thumbs from accidentally dragging across the mouse pad.

Which is why a bought a wireless mouse for my laptop. Never really liked the touch pad. Now, if I can just keep my thumbs from accidentally dragging across the mouse pad.

I'm with you there. I have a thumb ball mouse for my laptop. My "office" is a laz e boy in front of the tv. I taped a postcard thickness piece of cardboard over my touch pad to prevent that aggrivating problem. :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back