free website stats program Cruise Control Not Working | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise Control Not Working

stumpy17

I have a 2002 Ultra Classic my problem is that my cruise control does not work a lot of the time. It worked fine when I bought it 2 years ago but now when I try to set it sometimes it will set and sometimes it won't when it does not set the light doesn't even come on. Then it will stop working sometimes just driving along then sometimes it will reset and sometimes it won't. It only works about a quarter of the times now.

Stumpy17...welcome to the HDTimeline forum and your 1st post. Basically, if it was working fine and then slowly not or intermittently not, it is either as Glider said and adjustment (cruise control sets, but speed is in a band where too much slack causes it to seem it is not set) or Biglew says (an intermittent brake switch actuation could be canceling the cruise setting over road bumps or when you had brake service done, they did not use shim at the front m/c handle or rear brake service where switch or spring deterioration) is evident. The key here is any history of recent service done to bike that could have brought this on?

Mine was a faulty roll off switch on the cable. When I unplugged it, it all worked fine again, except you can't shut it off by rolling off the throttle. Mine was doing the same thing you are describing.

Mine was a faulty roll off switch on the cable. When I unplugged it, it all worked fine again, except you can't shut it off by rolling off the throttle. Mine was doing the same thing you are describing.

How did you disconnect the roll off switch?

The plug just pulls off the switch. Kind of risky riding without the switch in operation.

By disconnecting that switch if ya touch the brakes will that disengage the CC. If the roll off was bad would that set a code? and is the roll off hard to replace . My biggest problem is i will be w/o my Bike for like two weeks .. and like i a kid i don't wanna be w.o it durin the summer lol. We rode about 300 miles Saturday and for like 25 miles it worked so needless to say my hands would go to sleep on me and i have to shake em lol

my cruise is doing the same thing. i unplugged the rollback cable swicth and it works find. just have to tap brakes to disengage. with the economy the way it is i cant afford to get new cable right now. is it dangerous to leave it unplugged

Back