free website stats program Cruise Control Malfunction | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise Control Malfunction

revok1200

Have checked the manual and searched this site and don't come up with a clear solution, so does anyone have a suggestion?

2006 Road Glide, cruise control is not working. The switch on the bars to engage the cruise is functioning, and the green light comes on in the Gage an stays lit, but the cruise will not engage. Could it be just a simple cable adjustment will fix it? Before tearing into it, would love to hear if anyone else has had this issue and what the fix was.

ok, no luck. Got an electrical manual for the bike and have run the cruise diagnostic tests and everything passes, but the cruise still will not engage. Light in tach turns green when set and just does not physically engage and set the speed. Does anyone have a clue?

you may want to check the small cable from the cruise module that attaches to the induction module.
There is a small retaining ring that holds it in place.
tourbox

Will let you know what I find. I have gone through everything and the cables all looked good and connections solid, but I will make sure I didn't miss anything.

The green light tells me that all the disengage switches (brakes, clutch, throttle roll off) are working correctly. Look at the actuating cable from the cruise servo to the throttle body.

Since the OP hasn't gotten back, does anyone know at what speed he is trying to set the cruise?

Back