free website stats program Cruise Control for '06 Injected Heritage Softail | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise Control for '06 Injected Heritage Softail

Anyone have experience(s), input, etc. if the H-D Cruise Control Kit for the Road King can be installed on a Heritage?

Thank you.

The HD one's have no place to mount or plug in on anything other then touring models, have installed aftermarket cruise on softails and customer did really like it, can't remember the brand but cost around $300.00 if I remember right. My self, I would probably just go with a palm rest, cheap, simple & it gives your hand a break on long runs.

Thank you, Brother. I appreciate you. If you come across /remember that after-market kit, please pass it on to me so I can ckeck into it. Ride safe, ride often, ride aware....

Cruisemount and Customized Cycles are the only two (that I know of) out there. The differences betwixt them is placement of the module. Price is virtually the same when all's said and done. C-mount gives a 5% military discount though.
With C-mount you have to buy the correct module from Harley (I got mine from ebay for half the cost though so price can vary if you're patient/lucky) and then buy the rest from them. They supply detailed instructions, cables, mounting hardware, etc. It mounts, usually, on the left side, in front and above the passenger's foot rest. Thier web site has all the info and pics.
C-Cycles sell you the whole shebang. The placement is practically the only "nook" on the bike. You have to remove the back tire and fender. Their website has pictures.
I chose C-mount because I didn't have to remove the tire and fender; the rest of the installation is practically identical. This has been the single best investment I have made for my bike!

Anyone got a link to the palm rest and will it work on a sporty?

google " throttle rocker" or "cramp buster". I have been using a throttle rocker (same one) for more than 10 years. Cheap, easily adjustable while riding and does the trick. I like it a LOT better than the throttle boss on my new Iso grips.

Back