free website stats program Cruise control experience | Harley Davidson Forums

Cruise control experience

RUSHMORE_14

Finally got a chance to use my cruise control feature today on ol' root beer. I loved it. Cruised down the Garden State Parkway at 7:30 this morning, not a soul out there, made it to Tomsriver. Anybody use it? What are your experiences ?
Going out again after work.....headed to Wildwood and Cape May
WAP.gif

Undoubtedly one of the best features ever put on a motorcycle. I use it every time I take a ride on the geezer glide. Especially useful if on a trip through the western part of the country where you can ride at 70 mph without seeing any other traffic for miles at a time.

I even use it on 295!:guitar
Finally got a chance to use my cruise control feature today on ol' root beer. I loved it. Cruised down the Garden State Parkway at 7:30 this morning, not a soul out there, made it to Tomsriver. Anybody use it? What are your experiences ?
Going out again after work.....headed to Wildwood and Cape May
WAP.gif

It has got to be one of the best upgrades they have put on a motorcycle.

I love my cruise control. I've got a pinched nerve in my neck and on long rides, my right hand goes numb, so with the cruise on, I can either relax my hand, or just hold on with the left. All the cruise controls are on the right side on my 2013, but they moved them to the left side on the 2014's. I'll have to get used to the new position when I buy my new bike :D

Sure makes it a lot easier riding in a group when the majority of the bikes have CC. Almost eliminates any "slinky" effect in the group.

Sure makes it a lot easier riding in a group when the majority of the bikes have CC. Almost eliminates any "slinky" effect in the group.
For me, the quarters are too close for internal pack usage of cruise control. I do use it when leading the pack, and it does reduce leader-initiated slinky action.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I'm with all of the other post on this subject; love that cruise control! I use it constantly on the Ultra and also use it in my cages. Most important to me is the ability to stay within the speed limit. Get a speeding ticket in today's world and your insurance will skyrocket.

Back