free website stats program Crossbones frontend | Harley Davidson Forums

Crossbones frontend

poohbear

I have a 2009 croosbones, has only 3600 miles on it. whenever I'm slowing down, without using the brakes. I have a very bad wobble at about 40MPH. It seems to go away after everything heats up, hour or so of riding. Dealer says they have rebalanced the wheel and retighten all the neck type stuff. I'm thinking it is the tire, any ideas???

I have to go with tire too. A few problems with tires lately from the manufacturers.

I have the same shake@35 MPH and i found the tire is cuping. when i changed my tires from Dunlop to Metzeler 330 it went away until the frount tire had about 4000 miles on them and the shake came back.

Finally had the tire replaced, no more wobble. Then they tried to charge me, I told the I have less then 3500 miles on the bike so I don't think I should be paying for a tire! No charge, End of story!

OK now I have 8800 miles on it, new tire on at about 4000 miles and the wobble is back. The HD shop here now replaces the wheel bearings (which I thought they did that before) and it is better but still there. They tell me I need to true the wheel but that isn't under warranty so I have to pay for that,it has been in this shop about 5 times now for the same thing why should I have to pay for it? I'm thinking, again, these guys are a bunch of IDIOTS! Any ideas or thoughts, should I email or call HD and opinion, HELP

Spoked wheels require routine maintenance, especially brand new ones with few miles on them. I'd pay for thr wheel truing and if the problem persists or returns, then you got more ammo.

Could be the neck bearings. I had the same problem had the wheel trued, it got better but still there my next to do thing is to change the neck bearings. Can't do it right now, been out of work for some time now but as soonas I am able it's next. Good luck.- Bert

I had the same problem at the same mileage. The replaced my risers because they were cracked and it fixed my wobble.

NEW UPDATE: They looked at the risers, looked ok. Trued <--? the wheels...wobble still there, put another front tire on wobble is gone...(we'll see in about 4000 miles). Good thing is I haven't spent any money on the front end but I now have less then a year and the warranty so I need to do alot of riding!!!! Hard to believe that both the first tire, which came over on the bike when I shipped it from Colorado, and the second one, which was supplied here in the UAE, are from the same lot and are both bad...Pure Luck???

Back