OK Folks, here's the problem:

2010 Crossbones
  • Black denim
  • V&H Big Radius 2-into-2 Black
  • PCV
  • High flo A/C
  • Touring Solo Spring Saddle
  • 1,500 miles (approx.)

The bike would have to be lowered a bit for me to be more comfortable, but they may have shorter, stouter springs for the seat, and I can aways replace the shock.

So I went to The Momma, who is due April 29th, expecting her to say "No Way!". But, she said, "sure, go for it!" SHOCKED!!

What to do, what to do?

OK. I love the retro look of the Crossbones. I had planned to get one of the retro kit bikes to build a replica '49, but that is probably impractical given my schedule. I can't even get around to the Sturgis rebuild.

So. How much do you think this is worth? What would you pay for it?

KBB trade-in is 12,800 (Good condition) with no considerations.
KBB retail is 16,990 with no considerations.

Here is a view:

Harley-Davidson 2010 FLSTSB Softail® Cross Bones™

TQ

Not meaning to be an "instigator" but what dilemma...you like it, wife says okay, and we all have to admit the bike has no "issue" what is not to like...just saying...:s

tn819s3.jpg

Oh yeah, the Sturgis can wait... I have a friend who has at least a dozen bikes, most of 'em are "rollers" (you move them on coasters around in the garage), and the runners he has only 3 running at any one time...you do the math! Life is too short, get out and ride...the knucklebusting should be reserved for winter and fall...LOL!:D

Last edited:
Main problem I see is no back seat for Momma, but sounds like see has her hands full for a few months! Congrats TQ.

Main problem I see is no back seat for Momma, but sounds like see has her hands full for a few months! Congrats TQ.

I am keeping the Ultra! Just want a little run-around to take out when I want to make some noise. The V&Hs were very spanky!!

TQ

Or room for the car seat. :p Really TQ, do you expect anyone here to say, 'Oh no, that is a terrible idea.....' :D

Okay, just in case that is what you want to hear, No, don't do it....you will regret it....you really don't want to have a quick little fun sporty bike. :D

There you go. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Hey, if it will make you feel better you can always say, it will be the new babies bike when they get old enough to ride, CONGRATS:)

I want one, but I don't dig the dyna fender. I always thought they needed a bobber fender with an old school Model A tail light

Back