free website stats program Creat bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Creat bike

Larryth

I recently brought a bike 2007 Sportster 883 now the guy had it running when I bought it and appeared only need a little bit of this and that. I brought it home I put on a battery I heard a short hissing sound. But bike does not start up no longer the only thing that comes on is the oil lamp and neutral light. All fuses are good . No power to stater and or switch .

Maybe the battery has a bad connection, I have had batteries make that hissing sound when the terminals needed cleaned and tightened. Is the battery new? Welcome from Ohio.

Last edited:
Thought maybe fusible link . Come from engine area. I haven't found any. (EDIT) something shorted or blowing when I plug things hooked battery back up . I have power in and of ignition key nothing back to starter switch

Last edited by a moderator:
No head like with ignition on. checked and it shows power to the light when i ground it to the frame . light test good .
Does anyone know which wire is ground for the head lights.

Have the Service Manuals for both an '07 Dyna and a '16 Sportster. Both show the same wiring to the headlight. If you have three wires to the headlight, they are:

White - High
Yellow - Low
Black - Ground

Have the Service Manuals for both an '07 Dyna and a '16 Sportster. Both show the same wiring to the headlight. If you have three wires to the headlight, they are:

White - High
Yellow - Low
Black - Ground
thanks. driving me crazy still looking.
when i pick up the bike they run it, but got home hooked up battery ,hissing sound and still havent been able to start. Im sure it will run just finding that on safety device not working , I think it have anti theft device too but not sure what to look for?

Back