free website stats program Craftman Jack/Tire removal | Harley Davidson Forums

Craftman Jack/Tire removal

twicecam

I have new tires ,tubes,liners and brake pads and a new craftman's jack, I need some tips on things such as...should I take off the front or rear tire first?, should I block the wheels? I need a game plan, any feedback would help.:dknow:dknow:dknow

Whichever you wanna do but, first strapped the bike down good before you remove the tire, the bike may tips forward/aft when you remove the wheel.

Thanks guys, just took the jack out of the box and getting ready to pull it apart. My local indie shop won't be open until Tuesday , but I've got the gasket for the cam cover to check the pads on the timing chain , but I need to post that on another thread, while the tires are off I have alot of cleaning to do, but I've got it covered don't have to be back to work until the 5th of january.:newsmile016:

Thanks guys, just took the jack out of the box and getting ready to pull it apart. My local indie shop won't be open until Tuesday , but I've got the gasket for the cam cover to check the pads on the timing chain , but I need to post that on another thread, while the tires are off I have alot of cleaning to do, but I've got it covered don't have to be back to work until the 5th of january.:newsmile016:

I learned the hard way.

USE THE LOCKING DEVICE TO LOCK THE JACK. THIS MAYBE A NEW JACK BUT THE HYDRAULICS WILL LEAK OVER A PERIOD OF TIME. MINE DID AND I FOUND THE BIKE ON THE GROUND AFTER 2 DAYS.

Also get yourself a cheap secondary jack ( I use a scissor jack) .When using your main jack, balance the bike so the front end lifts first by a few inches, then once its up use a 2*4 under the rear control arms and lift the bike till its even.

This allows for greater stability and removal of both wheels with out fear of tip overs.

AGAIN, DONT FORGET THAT LOCKING DEVICE

Thanks for all the tips, everything went back together great, I love my new yellow craftsman jack:bigsmiley24:

Back