free website stats program Covering the holes of the stock FLHX mirrors | Harley Davidson Forums

Covering the holes of the stock FLHX mirrors

I didn't like the stock mirrors on my '10 FLHX so I installed the mirrors on the handlebar. If I remove the stock mirrors from the fairing what can I use to cover the holes? I saw something called "bagga chips" but it was around $90. There must me a way to cover the holes for a lot less. Any ideas??

Have you tried any of the local hardware stores for rubber plugs? I know Ace HW carries a nice assortment of misc. things - could look there...??

This much I can tell ya, I installed Kuryakyn's cover plates on my 09 SG they look ok the only problem is that they are held on with two way tape and after only 1 year the tape is starting to let go. :(

Harley has the plugs - have your dealer check these part numbers;

part # 732
part # 755

They are only a few bucks.

How about finding some amber LED lights (ebay has hundreds) that fit in the holes. You can tap into your turn signals, and have extra visibility from the sides and also easier for you to tell when they are flashing. Low draw LED's should have no effect on your TSSM.

Had the same dilemma and didn't like any of the after market parts so came up with this idea.

Used a 3/8 x 16 x 1-1/2 Elevator Bolt, a Poker Chip from the local Harley dealer and the stock nut used from the stock mirror.

The elevator bolt gives you a flat service wide enough to cover both holes in the fairing. I also used some silicone to help with preventing moister getting inside the fairing.

Mount the the elevator bolts first, then apply supper glue to the head of the elevator bolt and the back side of the poker chip.

Position the poker chip (or other idea) where you want it and allow to sit for a few seconds.

Oh yea make sure your fingers are not glued to the poker chip :small3d023:

Attachments

• PokerChip_ElevatorBolt_2.jpg
    PokerChip_ElevatorBolt_2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 26
  • PokerChip_Mounted_2.jpg
    PokerChip_Mounted_2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 34
Back