free website stats program counter balancer | Harley Davidson Forums

counter balancer

I've been employed in dealerships as long as balancers have been in Harleys and have never had to replace one, unless I was in the engine for something else and when I went back up it's a no brainer to put new ones in, even though they looked good. They are like the new cam plates, they tenison with oil pressure, not just spring loaded like the old cam tenioners were. I have never seen a mile given to replace or even check, if you were going that deep into the engine you would just be rebuilding it anyways.

Thanks Chopper, I've never heard of any limits and as I have a trip coming up I just wanted to be sure. we're fixing to run about 12,000 miles in June an d I'm trying to narrow down the possible problem areas.

Sound like a great trip where you heading? 12,000 miles WOW
Trust me you can never secound guess what's going to go, even on a brand new bike.
The best you can do is a complete service, check the belt real good, brake pads, fluids, plugs and if tires are even half worn, install new ones, nothings worst the sitting in a shop waiting for installs when you should be enjoying the hwy. If you want to spend any extra money spend it on a comfortable seat, 12,000 miles your going to need one, or I should say enjoy one.

Thanks Chopper, I've never heard of any limits and as I have a trip coming up I just wanted to be sure. we're fixing to run about 12,000 miles in June an d I'm trying to narrow down the possible problem areas.

I am envious. I look forward to the time I can take a month off to ride. Ride safe and enjoy yourself.:D

Back