free website stats program Could this be the beginning of the end? | Harley Davidson Forums

Could this be the beginning of the end?

JMHO but doubtful. The MoCo was thought dead in the '80s when AMF took over. Some of their problems are self inflicted and some are demographic related with us old farts having bought our last bike. I think, and hope, they will figure it out.;)

+1
Younger people are not buying HD , to expensive for them .This because of the fact , they have a family to take care of , and mortgage to pay.
The older HD-owners keep their oldies , or quit driving!.

I have to agree with a lot that dolt points out, I do believe that the younger buyers are less plentiful right now and what HD is offering does not seem to attract the masses like it once did. We shall see if they survive.

Also the problems they have had with newer bikes in the last 10 years. They need to get back to basics and start building bikes with solid engines and drive trains like they used to and quit going bigger and bigger each year ....concentrate on building quality motorcycles as well as bringing the price down or they are history. Quality (I believe) would absolutely bring sales back up.

How’s Indian Motorcycles going?
As Liquid_wrench says, quality must improve and they should use their direct competitor as a yardstick.
Like all of us here, I have a vested interest in Harley and don’t want to see them fall by the wayside.
History says that if you don’t evolve; then you’ll probably dissolve.

Yep,it's pretty screwed up to get a new bike and find basic stuff,like the tranny can/does have problems,right outta the gate.Every year,less trim more $.My 2019 is the last year to have a scrap of chrome on the rear fender.I mean my 2019 RK had a rear bumper with a squared off rubber block in it.I hear they may drop 3 or 4 bikes for 2021.Dealers here still have BRAND NEW 2018's and up.They better think hard about taking a blow on them sooner than later,that's a situation that never get's better.And they still want list for them.

Back