free website stats program Could the dealers be hurting? | Harley Davidson Forums

Could the dealers be hurting?

glider

Veteran Member
UltraDeal.jpg

Never saw dealers discount bikes like this in years past.

Wow. Just shows they have a lot of 2008 inventory left over and they need to make room for the 2009's. I've felt all along that the fuel "crisis" might bring more people into motorcycles, but not necessarily Harleys. They're just too far at the high end price wise. I'll bet the dealers selling mid size metrics and the super scooter models don't have a lot of excess inventory. Seems like our local, unofficial "for sale" lots have started seeing more boats, SUV's, and , yes, Harleys. When the economy goes south, the first thing trimmed are the "toys."

:(

UltraDeal.jpg

Never saw dealers discount bikes like this in years past.

IMO --- dealers hurting - No. Even with discount they are still making profit and sales reps. making commisions. "Jack" the price up then have a "sale"

Makes me wish I had held out a little longer, but its all good love the bike and as they say everything happens for a reason. You all be safe have a great 4th and chat at ya later

I dunno fellas, seems to me it's like real estate, the time to buy is when you want it. There's always going to be a better deal or more opportune time (dead of winter f'rinstance) but what's is worth to you to have the bike of your dreams to ride today? The older I get the more having an experience is worth to me as opposed to a smart investment or saving a few bucks. Just one man's opinion.

Oh yeah - you can sit and wait, just knowing that there's going to be a slightly better deal NEXT weekend. Before you know it you've gone a whole model year without riding anything! If you can afford it, buy when you want and what you want and then get on with your life.

Oh yeah - you can sit and wait, just knowing that there's going to be a slightly better deal NEXT weekend. Before you know it you've gone a whole model year without riding anything! If you can afford it, buy when you want and what you want and then get on with your life.

Amen.

Across the board, RV, boat,airplane, gun, and all the "guy" toys are taking a beating, with the slow down in the job,housing and 4$ a gallon for gas, not a lot left for recreation $$$$. I work in the avaition support market and those folks are really taking a beating.

An educated consumer is the dealers worst nightmare. Know the price of something you are buying and how much THEY pay for it (invoice) before you go shopping.
Numbers can be misleading with a slick sales person. Get the price first and separate the extras and scrutinize them before signing on the dotted line.

The local HD sales manager said he was limited to 15 bikes next year. Has anyone else heard the rumor that HD is cutting back production.

He said the dealer was going to add a premium to the bikes too.

This is twice now that I have heard this story from "insiders".

Back