free website stats program "Couch Rocket" Rides again!! | Harley Davidson Forums

"Couch Rocket" Rides again!!

Mavagrand

Wife and I went to Sarasota yesterday, rode with my brother and his wife. Went to an Amish restaurant for lunch. Nice ride and good food. My brother rides an 08 Goldwing that I have dubbed the "couch rocket" for obvious reasons. Well, as we were coming home on Hwy 62 I noticed my sister in law on the back of his bike. Couldn't believe what I was seeing so I had my wife take a picture. While the GW may not be the original "Geezer Glider", I think Honda has taken the concept to a new level.

Attachments

• DSC00715.jpg
    DSC00715.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC00716.jpg
    DSC00716.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 142
Yea, it is a nice color. He bought the "Pearl white" and it is a pretty bike. Wife and I rode it for awhile on I75..I can say it is wicked fast.

Yeah, when I was riding my sportbike with my friends from the ol' MSF daze...I recall very fondly how others quickly acclimated to the Luxuro-Wing...the pillion partners would do some pretty outragious things like eating, reading AND sleeping. Gotta love it how quickly your gal took on the "Feather-Wing"...!:p

Gotta love it how quickly your gal took on the "Feather-Wing"...!

Hobbit, my wife doesn't particularly like the Wing. She says it is "almost" as comfortable as our bike but she much prefers the HD. So do I. Brother's bike is nice and I'm sure will give him thousands of miles of service but it doesn't strike the same chords that my bike does, you know? Once again, it is wicked fast though.

Now thats comfort, I would probably fall asleep and crash that smooth of a bike:p

My wife has been known to snooze on the Ultra now and again. I don't understand it but, I can't imagine being the passenger either :D

Mnultra, I was thinking the same thing...I can hear the next generation GW pilot saying to his pillion partner, "--please put the tray tables in the upright position..."! Me, I like things with a "bit" more road feel...:D

Thats no Gold Wing it is a two wheel Honda Accord EX...Just kidding!
I had a 1978 Gold Wing for eighteen years it was a great bike.

My wife has been known to snooze on the Ultra now and again. I don't understand it but, I can't imagine being the passenger either :D

She is not the only one. My friends wife on our way to Colorado.

Attachments

• Img_2223.jpg
    Img_2223.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 54
Back