free website stats program corvette air shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

corvette air shocks

To each his own..... But a Corvette is much more heavier than a Ultra so how do you adjust for the weight difference. And where might you find enough room for the compressor????
So the link is for motorcycle shocks so that may consider weight of motorcycle ?
The one thing that has me scratching my head is the link shows kit at $299.00. On the bottom of page it shows same year listed and kit is $399.00.
Be careful for what you wish for.....:confused:

I wonder who makes the shocks, I know Bilstein makes MOST GM top line shocks, the picure in the link does not look like Bilstein, more like Monroe or Gabriel, These early model rear air shocks alone can be had @ Rock Auto cheap, I dunno if you can get the pump, dump valve seperate, may be worth looking into. My understanding is it is an easy install and gives you up to 3 inches of travel with clearance with no air for stock tires

Last edited by a moderator:
ACDELCO 504557 {#88946647} Specialty; Air Lift Info
Heart.png

Rear; air hose kit included; Air Adjustable

504-557_Primary__ra_t.jpg

$64.99 here are the shocks from Rock Auto They are stock AC Delco
The pump can be had on E bay for under 100.00
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never understood the logic behind running car tires on the back of a Harley, the "dark side" as some used to call it, or running car shocks on a motorcycle.:confused: With all the good options for rear shocks these days like Super Shox, Pro Action, Legend, Fox Shocks and Ohlins. Most are rebuildable and some of the vendors offer "custom" built shocks to the customers specifications. Furthermore, no way can an air shock provide the ride quality of a gas/oil shock; just can't. Another one of those conundrums that I will never understand.:rolleyes:

I have never understood the logic behind running car tires on the back of a Harley, the "dark side" as some used to call it, or running car shocks on a motorcycle.:confused: With all the good options for rear shocks these days like Super Shox, Pro Action, Legend, Fox Shocks and Ohlins. Most are rebuildable and some of the vendors offer "custom" built shocks to the customers specifications. Furthermore, no way can an air shock provide the ride quality of a gas/oil shock; just can't. Another one of those conundrums that I will never understand.:rolleyes:
Like a band aid on a broken leg IMO, HD air shocks have not evolved IMO and are poor at best, good thing the after market has stepped up big time, too bad it is such an expense tho

Like a band aid on a broken leg IMO, HD air shocks have not evolved IMO and are poor at best, good thing the after market has stepped up big time, too bad it is such an expense tho
I think Jack has hit the nail on the head. Riders are looking for a less costly way to add air suspension and maybe a little more travel. I do wonder like the others here about the weight difference from what the shocks are made to handle and a Harley. As for that car tire on a bike, while I have seen videos of them I still would not do it.

I think Jack has hit the nail on the head. Riders are looking for a less costly way to add air suspension and maybe a little more travel. I do wonder like the others here about the weight difference from what the shocks are made to handle and a Harley. As for that car tire on a bike, while I have seen videos of them I still would not do it.

Air suspension, another conundrum. I suppose it boils down to whether you want a bike that can be ridden aggressively, handle well and not try to toss the rider off in a long fast sweeper marked at 55 but being attacked at 80. Or whether you want a bike that looks cool cruising around town, slammed to the pavement. An individual choice for sure and very much related to the reason why one purchases a motorcycle in the first place.;)

You always hear of someone trying to beat the system what ever it may be to save some money. But you never hear of the cost to win circumventing the system. And some of the time they end up right where they started. Just look at all the customer reviews of product above link of shocks. Absolutely stellar reviews.
So as the saying goes :::: "The harder you try the be-hinder you get."
And as experience has proven to me over the years with Harleys, the biggest problem with the machine it self is the lack of knowledge the guy has working in it not the machine it self.......

Now I got to laugh, just looked @ my rear shocks on my trike, the RR is leaking oil, @Q 17000 Guess warranty time again :cool:

Back