free website stats program Cordura needs cleaning | Harley Davidson Forums

Cordura needs cleaning

late2Harley

Not sure where to post this...but here goes.
Finally got my T-Bags back from from my son. But he stored them in his musty basement.
I've been baking them in the sun for the last few days...still smells. No mold, just the musty smell.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Vic

Finally got my T-Bags back from from my son. But he stored them in his musty basement.
I've been baking them in the sun for the last few days...still smells. No mold, just the musty smell.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Vic

have ya tried some disinfectant spray,let em sit for a day then a light spray of lemon/orange Pledge?

Thanks trying the disinfectant and the sun....

JMO ---- I wouldnt leave them in the sun. The heat is just " cooking" that smell into them more. If you have a spare bedroom or something to that effect , put it the bag in there for a few days after your spray it lightly with the disinfectant.

My wife has had a lot of luck around the house with "Febreeze" for removing odors. If that doesn't work, put a cloth bag of charcoal bricketts in the Tbag that may take odor out.

My wife has had a lot of luck around the house with "Febreeze" for removing odors. If that doesn't work, put a cloth bag of charcoal bricketts in the Tbag that may take odor out.

Roger that and toss in a couple of bounce dryer sheets too:s

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Vic

Vic, cordura/nylon luggage IS washable by hand preferably...use dishwashing soap like Palmolive...it works. Did it on my Eclipse tank bag on my metric bike, since the 80's...sun faded, but they still did the job nicely...Chase Harper with the reverse fine fabric liner does not hold up to sunlight, they fade after 5 years, but it was not from washing.:(

Thanks to everyone that posted ideas. Here's what I ended up doing.

Out in the sun two days; helped some.
Sprayed disinfectant; not sure if that helped because...
Sprayed with Fabreeze; helped enough to use the bags this weekend. However when I get to the motel things seemed a little musty. Dropped a couple of bars of soap into the bags for the overnight. helped some
Got home and read NEWHD74FAN's post about the Palmolive. Tried it. Scrubbed with a brush and let it sit. Then washed it with clear water and dried with towels. Then blew in cool air. Worked Great.
Thanks again.

Back