free website stats program cop bike engine mods | Harley Davidson Forums

cop bike engine mods

captevil

hello everyone, i just got an 08 electraglide cop bike and i was wondering what type of upgrades i can make ? it has the 103 engine, 2 into one exhaust don't know what cams. maybe i could do a race tuner and new heavy breather air filter? any ideas would be greatly appreciated. bike is going to be used for 2 up touring.

mine came from pd with a heavy cir cleaner under the stock cover didnt know it till i took cover off . also had scream eagle pipes i just the tuner from doebeck here on the site and it comes with a discount too. retiredpolicebikes.com is a good site to check out for these bikes love mine no spokes to clean , air ride seat

Depends how much you want to spend and why you want more.
The lowest cost and easiest would be a set of cams to work with the 103. Se 255 are a direct bolt in no head work needed so not extra cost. They will give the bike a nice kick and you will end up with no issue tuning it.
You would have a couple option for tuning. Adding a good fuel manager any og them will have a prefect canned map for the mods, or SERT. While it does not get any better than a SERT the cost is high and would need to be tuned again if you did any mods down the road.
TFI would meet all your needs at a good price you can install it your self if you want.
PcV little harder to work with but some like the few more option it offers but comes at a price and they have been known to fail.
Know were you want to go before you start this. You have one of the best Mods you can do to a TC right now the 103 kit. Going to far with a street rider that you plan to ride can be disappointing.

Smitty, I trust your judgement, so I'll ask your opinion. My HD dealership guys recommended the SE 211 cams. Said they were designed for the bigger V-Twins and would be the best bang for my buck. It already has Rhinehart True duels, PC-3, & K&N airfilter. Thanks, Tracy

I have a 2000 Roadking Police that is now completely a civilian bike. As far as cams go. Read the spec's carefully on where the power comes on . I did my research and when i built my 104 I used and Andrews 21 cam because I like the fact that the power came on earlier and ran out around 5000 rpm. I don't know about you but I do most of my riding around 2500 rpm to 3000 so wanted my power band in there. Fully loaded (and I do mean fully) I can still walk up a mountain pass most of the time without downshifting. It really depends on what you kind of riding you do. Hope that's helpful.

Floorboard extenders and brake pedal (removed) , tallboy handlebars(harley davidson), and a real comfortable low profile seat (if it don't cost 300 bucks it ain't no good)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back