free website stats program Cooler oil for longer life span. | Harley Davidson Forums

Cooler oil for longer life span.

What's the proper way to hook up a on/off toggle to the fan?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I ride a 07 street glide been working on some upgrades for better performance, big sucker intake,Bassani road rage lll 4"straight can 2 into 1, FP3 fuelpak, running redline all 3 holes, and a Jagg oil cooler.

I ride in south Florida where it is in the mid 90 degree temperature range with crazy humidity most of the year. I modified my 2015 street glide to reduce both engine and oil temperature. I installed a Jim’s force flow cylinder head cooling fan as I liked its look better than the love jugs fan. I also removed my stock oil cooler and installed a cool flow fan assisted oil cooler and installed a digital oil dip stick. I now see cylinder head temperatures at a max of 275 degrees as read through my cylinder head temperature sensor and an oil temperature of a max 220 degrees as read from my digital oil temperature dip stick. I also installed a PC cleanable mesh oil filter with a visible magnet so I can check for any shavings when I remove the filter for cleaning. The PC filter is rated to 25 microns where the stock oil filter from harley states 5 microns. I know you will say that by doing so you are letting finer particles pass through. But when the smaller micron filter gets clogged the bypass opens and then the oil bypasses the filter completely and you have no way of knowing when this takes place. I went with the cool flow fan assisted oil cooler because the adapter routes the hot oil through the oil filter first then through the oil cooler this way any particles are filtered first through the oil filter before routing the oil through the oil cooler. The oil adapter also had a temperature sensor set at 212 degrees and if the oil is not at operating temperature then the oil will not pass through the oil cooler. I never wanted to be that guy with these modifications but I did not like the temperatures that I was seeing

Well, I don’t see any question here, and also no one castes the vote. I am just waiting for this kind of question, especially for casting vote. But what's the exact answer to this I can’t figure it out.

Back