free website stats program Converting a Heritage Softail to true duals. | Harley Davidson Forums

Converting a Heritage Softail to true duals.

Laydon

Can any one point me in the right direction to get a crossover kit to change my heritage to true duals? I don't want fish tails, would like to do SEII's and open up the breather even more. I think that would mean a Stage 2or3 dl. My bike is an 08' The 96ci.
Thanks for any help...

Keep in mind you'll want to add a fuel management system. Adding exhaust and more air will lean it out more than it already is.

There is a couple of kits that can covert to duals. It appears that these kits come with mufflers. You tube has videos of bikes with the duals installed. If you like LOUD.:eek: The addition of a free flowing air filter is a great idea. If you go ahead with mods you will need to consider some type of fueler to correct lean condition and to maximize performance.
Stage 2 or 3 is internal engine upgrades.

Another thing to watch for are if you're going to true dual headers, some manufacturers (Ex. Rinehart) have slightly larger headpipes that won't allow you to use standard 1-3/4" factory sized slip-ons. Their slip-ons come in two sizes, one for stock pies and another size for their true dual headers. Ask questions before you buy.V&H headers are a good choice but can get pricey.

Fullsac also makes a conversion kit for about $180 that utilizes most of your stock pipes and heatshields and I run a set of them. Helped with the heat on the right side of the bike. No loss in torque as others have claimed ridiculously that I could tell. I'm happy with their kit and it was worth the investment. B&E also makes pretty much the same kit and they've gotten great reviews on their modified mufflers...they take stock slip-ons, rework them and guys that have bought them have nothing but positive things to say about them....not too loud with a good low tone, perform well, look stock and are very reasonably priced at about $150 or less for a pair.

A fueler is a good idea if you plan on running a free flow air filter and a less restrictive slip on like others have mentioned. I chose to go with a Dobeck TFI GEN 3 unit and I love it.......first unit gave me some issues but they stand behind their products and warranteed it immediately. I was still able to ride while it was being reshipped, although the bike ran very lean. Do a little research as to how much you're willing to spend and go from there. You have several options from affordable to expensive.

Back