free website stats program Confused | Harley Davidson Forums

Confused

06'FLHT

i had a bad vibration on my bike (so bad the front wheel would hop off the ground)so i took it to the dealer . they had about three weeks, two trips from the harley rep and $4,000 later they rebuilt the motor from bottom to top ,found the flywheels were out . they replaced the upper,front and rear motor mounts still vibrating so they replaced the front motor mount with a buell mount . and so far it seems in my opinion it has supressed the problem.now it is got a the vibration coming back over heats in about 5min. of traffic and excessive wabble . the guys i ride with one rides the same M/M/Y has no problems another one rides an 03' carb no problems . and the dealer believes its in my head . just dont know what to do its still warrentied??????

I would check your State's "lemon law".
If they had to open up that motor, it was bad from the get go.
My opinion, I'm a big fan of the Standard too.

If it was under warranty when the shop started the work, you now have the documentation you need. It doesn't matter how long it takes them to fix it. As long as you can show that your warranty runs out, for example in 12/09 and you begin the warranty work in 11/09, your'e covered.
Did this bike have the pressed together cranks like my '07 RKC?

yes it did , i keep bringing it in the last time they went and changed the throttle body and ful regulator . think there just as confused , but have to go by protocal

confused or not responisive to the problem? the crank deal is well documented all over the place. When I tried tto explain to the dealer that I thought that might be the problem, anyone I talked to claimed ignorance of that crank inbalance issue. To the point of me explaining to the GM just how to do it, what ther specs should be, and how long I thought it would take ME to do it, at home.

When I brought in my '07 for a vibration in the floorboards and handlebars that was not there before, my (ex)dealer took the bike in, without riding it and told me I needed a new front motor mount. That was replaced with no change to the bike. After that, I put on a new new tire and with the balancing, it SEMS tha most of the vibration has gone away. Now need a front one, or at least have the balance checked. The vibe happened so suddenly though, that I never would have thought that to be the problem.

I'm still dealing with the charges from the dealer and not fixing the problem.

When I tried tto explain to the dealer that I thought that might be the problem, anyone I talked to claimed ignorance of that crank inbalance issue.

That's because they are ignorant in most cases when they do that. There are tech bulletins that will educate them if they want to be educated but they choose not to be.

I wouldn't do business with that dealer.

it is the only dealer within 100 miles so i have to deal with . even asked about the cam/ignition timing and possible ECM problem or stage 1 download problem wich have all been ignored . every time i have a problem the engine light will not come on for any reason.

Ditto on doing business with that dealer. He's either ignorant of what he should know, which is inexcusable, or lying, which is worse. Either way, it's DISGUSTING that the people who should have the most expertise in resolving ANY issue on your bike would know less than you! (Or pretend to!)

Find another dealer!

Amen to that.

Only dealer within 100 miles, probably the reason they are giving sub-par (self edit) service. Might be worth your time and money take a road trip to someone else, regardless of the distance.

Back