free website stats program Computer Issue?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Computer Issue??

Skidder

I'm looking to get some help as to a recent bike breakdown. I had been driving for quite some time in heavy traffic on and off highways. When I reached my destination, I shut off the bike. Returning in about 5 to ten minutes, I attempted to start the bike again. It would not start. All the other electrical systems were and to present continue to work. i.e.: radio, lights. What is happening when the ignition switch is moved to different locations is that the turn signals will flash alternately on each side of the bike for a regular amount of time then stop.
I would greatly appreciate any advice available on what is happening to the bike and how to go about getting the issue resolved.
Thank you very much in advance to anyone/everyone that offers help in remedying this situation.

Most likely a small problem with the security-alarm. I think you don't have a siren on your bike , otherwise this would have gone off also.
First replace the batterie in your Fob (CR2032) , pay attention to the polarity !!.
Normally when the alarm is activated the siren is heard , and the turn-signals start to flash . When left to peace , everything returns back to normal , untill next movement !.

Note: these hd alarms are very sensitive for malfunction by wireless devices , found by example at gasstations / restaurants/ remote controlled appliances.
Disalarming is not possible then , so you have to push the bike away from these.
See if you have the pincode of your bike,and learn how to use this !.

Last edited:
I think @Roadking-1960 is right, sounds like a fob battery problem, had a very similar problem, grabbed the other fob everything was fine. Just to check used the bad battery fob and it wouldn't start, lights flashed. Replaced batteries on both fobs.
It's now on my checklist of things to replace each season.

Back