free website stats program compression | Harley Davidson Forums

compression

nfusion

I have a buddy with 2000 electraglide with a 95 inch screaming eagle kit no head work his compression with tester is 125psi is that normal compression for this kit

Seems a bit on the low side. Were the front and rear within 5 psi of each other? Was the test done with the throttle wide open? Carb or FI? Hot or cold motor?
WAP.gif

Seems a bit on the low side. Were the front and rear within 5 psi of each other? Was the test done with the throttle wide open? Carb or FI? Hot or cold motor?
WAP.gif
they were both 125 warm engine not hot a yes the throttle was open I thought it seemed a bit low

If it's a stock cv, remove the air cleaner and hold the slide up with your finger, throttle wide open and retest. You need to get max amount of air in to get the most accurate reading. A lightly modified motor reading should be up in the 150-160 range. You didn't mention how many miles are on the bike/motor and elevation. A motor at sea level will produce a little more psi than one in the Rocky Mountains. The higher the elevation the lower the psi reading may be.

If it's a stock cv, remove the air cleaner and hold the slide up with your finger, throttle wide open and retest. You need to get max amount of air in to get the most accurate reading. A lightly modified motor reading should be up in the 150-160 range. You didn't mention how many miles are on the bike/motor and elevation. A motor at sea level will produce a little more psi than one in the Rocky Mountains. The higher the elevation the lower the psi reading may be.
I am at sea level and the engine has 60000 miles on it

Any idea what pistons? Does the bike run OK? Squirt some oil in the cylinders and re do test does it change the numbers?

Back