free website stats program compare electra glide classic | Harley Davidson Forums

compare electra glide classic

hdfozz

Hey, Everybody..Well here goes the question,I am thinking about stepping up to a touring bike,really like the electra glide classic. Can anybody compare the years from 08 to 2010?I currently own a 98 fxstc. Thanks for any feedback that will help in making this decision.HDFOZZ

Hey, Everybody..Well here goes the question,I am thinking about stepping up to a touring bike,really like the electra glide classic. Can anybody compare the years from 08 to 2010?I currently own a 98 fxstc. Thanks for any feedback that will help in making this decision.HDFOZZ

IMO - look at models from '09 and newer for you to consider. The '09's have the newer frame plus a plethora of other improvements.

Once you get a Classic, you will then wonder why you waited so long. 2008 and up are all good. Tank has listed some very good info...

I have a 2009 EGC. Before that I had a 2001 Road King Police bike. Trust me, you will love an EGC. Great touring bike, fun to ride around town. My '09 handles SO much better than I could have imagined. Go for it HDfozz, you won't regret it.

Well I am here to sat that my 07 classsic has been a wonderful bike less the 5th gear noise that has since gone away with spectro lube. Good luck with whatever you choose and keep the rubber down.

Bought my first Electraglide Standard brand new in 2000.

Loved the ride but traded it in two years later for a new Fatboy.

Loved the look but missed the handling, storage capacity and all-day comfort of the Electraglide.

After several years of regretting ever trading in my previous Electraglide, I bought a new Electraglide Classic in 2008 and absolutely love it.

I haven't ridden an 09 and up model yet to see but most say the handling has improved with the new chassis. My present ride has 36,000 trouble free kms on it and there are no plans to trade it in any time soon.

Once you have put a few miles on one, there is no going back...

My ride is an'06 flhtc, last April we did the fly ride thing, we had a 2010 flhtc, I could not believe how much better the '10 handled. A really big difference.

I have a 2001 classic ultra and love it .I would get a new one if mine wasn't still running great. Instead I am doing the 95" upgrade with Ultima 6 spd

Back