free website stats program Combo Analog Speedometer / Tach Install | Harley Davidson Forums

Combo Analog Speedometer / Tach Install

USAPL09

I have a 09 FLSTC and would like to install the new Combo Analog speedometer / tach (70900070)... the catalog says easy installation - plug and play... my question is? has anyone installed one of these? Is it really "easy" installation? Any watchouts?

Everyone tells me it is indeed a "plug and play" installation. I'm going to do the same on my FLSTF as soon as my local dealer has a 20% discount. They only do this once or twice a year so it might be a while. Please post if you go ahead with the install. Curious minds want to know.
Ishmael

I installed that combo tac and speedo on my 06 Heritage without a hitch, like you mentioned just plug and play. Being in Canada it was a three or four week wait to order it and have it programed with the bike milage, I also was changing from miles to kilometers. Don't rember the exact price but it was't cheep.

Put one on the 08 Fatboy, it really was pretty simple - couple of minutes to get the old one out, plug in the new one and tighten everything back down - I probably spent an hour total including goofing around, cleaning, and admiring the new one :)

I installed that combo tac and speedo on my 06 Heritage without a hitch, like you mentioned just plug and play. Being in Canada it was a three or four week wait to order it and have it programed with the bike milage, I also was changing from miles to kilometers. Don't rember the exact price but it was't cheep.

I thought I read here somewhere that the combo didn't work on the '06s. Or at least on the 06 Softails. I'll have to check that out.

I thought I read here somewhere that the combo didn't work on the '06s. Or at least on the 06 Softails. I'll have to check that out.

Somewhere between 06, 07, and 08 the part number changed (I know what I needed for my 08 was the "new" part number). Assume the part number change was due to a technical difference between what worked on the prior year versus current, but couldn't tell you what the difference actually was.

I have the 74557-04, 04 to 06. I thought they would want your old speedo in exchange for the new one, nothing stopping someone from popping the old one back in after several years and selling the bike as a low milage bike,I am sure it must happen.

I have a 09 FLSTC and would like to install the new Combo Analog speedometer / tach (70900070)... the catalog says easy installation - plug and play... my question is? has anyone installed one of these? Is it really "easy" installation? Any watchouts?

I just installed the 70900070 on my '08 Heritage. It was very easy. First thing to do is to upload the odometer data from the ECU. That took about 15 seconds! So easy. Then remove original speedo and replace with the new. Took about 20 minutes total time. Nice, very nice!

Tools needed after seat removal: socket for acorn nut removal.

Attached is a close up of the tach portion with my custom colors configured.

Best upgrade I have done on my ride.

Attachments

• SSCN0447.JPG
    SSCN0447.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Back