free website stats program Colorado fires | Harley Davidson Forums

Colorado fires

01 rk

Leaving for Colorado 6/17, heading for Colorado Springs. Been wacthing the the news on the fires, does not look good. Has me concerned, this can ruin our trip!
Can anyone in that area give an update on just how bad the fire is?

Leaving for Colorado 6/17, heading for Colorado Springs. Been wacthing the the news on the fires, does not look good. Has me concerned, this can ruin our trip!
Can anyone in that area give an update on just how bad the fire is?

It's pretty bad as of today, 360 home destroyed and 38,000 people displaced so far. It's still out of control and the winds keeps changing so the firefighters are chasing their tails. Fire is in a area called the Black forest just north of Colorado Springs.

KKTV - HomePage. This will at least allow some current info. Note the Royal Gorge fire on US 50 has 10 miles of that highway closed for now but some big events are pushing hard to have it opened. There is even money that this will be in the mop up phase by Monday. Optimist speaking
WAP.gif

It's pretty bad as of today, 360 home destroyed and 38,000 people displaced so far. It's still out of control and the winds keeps changing so the firefighters are chasing their tails. Fire is in a area called the Black forest just north of Colorado Springs.

KKTV - HomePage. This will at least allow some current info. Note the Royal Gorge fire on US 50 has 10 miles of that highway closed for now but some big events are pushing hard to have it opened. There is even money that this will be in the mop up phase by Monday. Optimist speaking
WAP.gif

you guys keep your head up..or down which ever the case may be, just stay safe and don't take any chances..same to all our friends in the region

We now have three more and these mean business. 30 000 acres and a couple of towns are in the way. I'm very concerned because of the terain. We just rode through 149 Lake City to South Fork 2 weeks ago.
WAP.gif

We now have three more and these mean business. 30 000 acres and a couple of towns are in the way. I'm very concerned because of the terain. We just rode through 149 Lake City to South Fork 2 weeks ago.
WAP.gif

how are you making out Craig...anything close to you?

We are fine Lorne. Just really smoky the last couple of days. This is one of the routes to Arizona over Wolf Creek. Thanks for asking. You know that fuse thing I just bought new fuses and it all went away.
WAP.gif

Back