free website stats program Color Rite | Harley Davidson Forums

Color Rite

hotrodjohn

I am using the Color Rite aerosol System to paint my inner fairing. I have done some automotive painting but all my spray guns are filthy and I saw this aerosol system so I figured I would give it a shot. I sanded with 400 then washed and dried the switch panel as that is my test piece before the inner fairing. For the most part I was impressed. My only disappointment was that the primer can "spit" one time and if you look real real close you can see it. other than that worked as advertised. I used a plastic panel adhesion promoter then used 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of base color, 2 coats of dark root beer metallic and 2 coats of clear.

Attachments

• Switch panel Painted.jpg
    Switch panel Painted.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 283
Looks great! You've given me the courage to try it in the future. My Ultra is Vivid Black and I'm undecided on whether to go VB on the inner fairing or try something esle such as silver. Anyone try contrasing color on the inner fairing? Any pictures?

Bo

Looks like you did a great job. I've been thinking about painting mine, just haven't gotten up the courage yet.:p:p:p:p

Been thinking about painting but when I used Pig Spit on the inner fairing, it brightened it up nicely.
Kind of put the idea of painting on the back burner.

Looking through my new J&P catalog, I saw a carbon fiber inner that looks sweet. Now I'm on the fence.

UPDATE

Here are some pictures of the inner

Attachments

• Painted Inner Fairing.jpg
    Painted Inner Fairing.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Inner Painted 2.jpg
    Inner Painted 2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 123
  • Painted inner 3.jpg
    Painted inner 3.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 116
Wow! That really "POPS"! Nice job. I just figured it was going to cost me around $800.00 to get my inner painted but you showed how it can be done for much less money.

Wow! That really "POPS"! Nice job. I just figured it was going to cost me around $800.00 to get my inner painted but you showed how it can be done for much less money.

One More, and yes much less money but I am spending plenty of time on this project with the handlebars and wiring etc.... put an extra hole in the fairing for my garage door opener, a little momentary switch that is normally used for a trans brake on a a drag car. lol:D

Attachments

• Gauges.jpg
    Gauges.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 90
Back