free website stats program coil relocation on Evo Sporty | Harley Davidson Forums

coil relocation on Evo Sporty

xlMike68

I just wanted to show how I relocated , and changed my coil from dual to single fire.
The original place for the coil (over front cyl.) and attached to the same bracket as my ignition, was not where I thought it looked best. I was researching this move and had seen companies that make relocation brackets for coils. Well I am impatient and love to save a dollar when I can. Also doing it myself is one of the best feelings of accomplishment. So I made a bracket for an Ultima single fire coil I had ordered. I used a long strip of that pre-drilled metal stock from Tractor Supply with all new hardware. The star of the show was my craftsman electric cut off tool and a file. I only had to drill 2 new holes. The rest were there already. a few bends later wIMG-Jun132021at102357PM.png hen the brackets to the coil were done, the assembly bolted to the top left side motor mount. And the reason I went to single fire was because I already had a Crane Hi-4N ignition that had a mode setting for the conversion. It was a very satisfying project that went better than anticipated. I was also surprised at how much of a better difference the bike ran in single fire mode. From what I've read, most people said it wasn't a very noticeable change. I couldn't be happier and even my wife notices the difference. Less vibration, better sound, more precise overall.

Back