free website stats program Coil problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Coil problem

Pete71

How do i know what type of coil do i have , is there anyway i can see if its for Singlefire or dualfire coil?
Only numbers on it are 31609.80 and 0812 theres no manufactorlaber or anything on it :/

Check primary resistance by connecting your ohmmeter between the screw posts that the wires connect to. Stock coil is between 2.5 to 3.1 ohms.

Check secondary resistance by connecting your ohmmeter between the spark plug towers. Stock coil is between 10,000 and 12,500 ohms.
Check your coil first

Ok. thx guys for the replys...
I bought this bike as a Project but no one know the history of it so its abit hard to find out what parts its made of, there was no ignitonmodule on it so thats why i was asking if theres any way i can check By the coil. but didint it came out as stock with dual fire?

Ok. thx guys for the replys...
I bought this bike as a Project but no one know the history of it so its abit hard to find out what parts its made of, there was no ignitonmodule on it so thats why i was asking if theres any way i can check By the coil. but didint it came out as stock with dual fire?
What year and model?

Should be Dual Fire Ign.. Another way to check your coil for single fire or dual fire is look at the small post to connect the battery & ign. wires to. If you have 2 post =dual fire, 3 post=single fire.
If you have 2 coils then single fire.
tourbox

Any after market dual fire coil will work, does not have to be HD

# 49 wo
HD91FLHT010.gif
uld be an ignition module for your bike

Back