free website stats program Codes P1353 and P1356 | Harley Davidson Forums

Codes P1353 and P1356

jaceddie

I have a 2004 Ultra that had the 1356 code "Rear cylinder no Combustion EFI" come up last week. Today, the 1353 code " Front cylinder no Combustion EFI" started. I had a power comander on it until 2 days ago when I disconnected it. It didn't seem to help the heat problem I installed it for and it really used the gas. The bike seems to run fine. I wonder if this is a problem with the EFI? I'm going on a trip soon and would like to know if I might have problems. Thanks

Those codes could be caused by the PC or a number of other things also like plugs, plug gap, plug wires, loose plug tip where the wire joins on and even bad wiring on the injectors near the plug. If the bike isn't showing any missing, more than likely it was an intermittent malfunction of the ION sensing due to one of the mentioned problems above.

I would check out the above and clear the codes and see if they return again.

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Harley Davidson Community

ION Sensing Explained - Harley Davidson Community

Welcome to the forum.

Mine did that same thing awhile ago and it turned out to be the after market plug wires. I put the stock ones back on and it cured the problem.......but like glider said could be any of those things......He's pretty smart ya know:s

Are you running plugs other than Harley?Sometimes the non combust code is just a hiccup that doesn't come back.It can also occur if when you kill the engine (usually with the run/stop switch) it rolls backward a half turn or so.It will also show up if the bike is running lean.

Stock plugs. I don't use the run/stop switch to shut off, just the main switch. Gas mileage hasn't been as good as before too. I'm going Monday for new plugs to see if that helps.

Stock plugs. I don't use the run/stop switch to shut off, just the main switch. Gas mileage hasn't been as good as before too. I'm going Monday for new plugs to see if that helps.

Pick up some new wires while you're there too.

Glider, I got the plugs and wires and haven't had the codes to come up again. This weekend, while on the road, the bike wouldn't start. It would try to start and then quit. I checked the codes and it came up P1009, and the security light was on and flashing. I had not set the alarm. I got to checking and found the trickle charger harness had been rubbing and had bare wire showing. I taped the wire and reset the security system with the fob and everything seems good. I wonder if this was my problem all along? Anyway, thanks for all your and everyones help. I am so glad I've found this website and plan on telling all my friends.

Doubt that the wire set those codes for rear combustion, more likely the plug or wire that you changed.

I just had the P1353 code and it was caused by me not seating the spark plug wire on the front plug all the way.

On hard acceleration the wire would bounce and I would get the code.
Seated the plug wire and all is well..!!

I also had the P0152 code which never came back.

Back