free website stats program Code check for engine light on 07 FXST | Harley Davidson Forums

Code check for engine light on 07 FXST

Had engine light come on, I hear their is a way to check the code and see what was wrong...can someone walk me through how to do this?

note: I bought the bike from a private owner and do not have the Manual..

Thanks,

Rampage-11

Okay, I got the code, its P0154 Rear 02 Sensor Open/not respondiing...what can this mean? could it be something to do with the header I put on? I dont think I damaged the 02 sensor, but I also don't know how sensitive they are... Any advice input is greatly appreciated..beautiful weekend coming up, don't want to miss it.

-Rampage-11

P0154 Rear 02 Sensor Open/not responding could mean it's unplugged or the wire is broken or even the 02 sensor is bad. It doesn't take much to break them when removing them form the stock pipe.

Thanks for your help, it seems that I unplugged one of the wires(it was loose) that plugs into the plastic connector. I plugged it back in and put things back together and no more engine light, so it was nothing really besides me being a sloppy inexpirienced HD modifier..

Anyway, another question... How do I delete the old code? ..as in, when I now turn my bike on I get the engine light coming on after its started again for around 5-7 seconds, then it goes off. I'm assuming this is the bike doing a diag. to make sure the old problem was fixed..

Can I clear this??

Thanks,

Rampage-11

Back