free website stats program Code 44 bank angle sensor | Harley Davidson Forums

Code 44 bank angle sensor

roadking01

Contributor
coming home from work stopped at a red light to turn left, a few yards after turning I looked down and saw the check engine light was on, it stayed on for a couple of minutes then turned off, when I got home I pulled the code and I got a 44 bad angle sensor. the bike is an 01 RK with mm EFI. my questions is. other than a bad BAS what else would throw this code?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I think it is probably a transient. If it was the BAS, it would probably fail in the dissable mode and you would not be able to start the bike, even after the reset procedure. Clear the code and see if it resets.

TQ

From the self help section
00-03 HD Codes & Activation

I must be blind. The highest code I see is a 43. I also did a "Find" search on the number 44 and got 2 hits but both were not related to BAS.

It must be looking right at me but I don't see it.

So you have to use "Link 2"... Now I see it.

(How on earth did you know to use Link 2?)

(How on earth did you know to use Link 2?)

When you lose your car keys they are always in the last place you look so if you just look in the last place, there they are!

Seriously, I just did the search for the code on my own without following your link to see if I could find it and stumbled on it........more lucky than anything else.

Back