free website stats program Cobra tuner fried my ECM - Big $ | Harley Davidson Forums

Cobra tuner fried my ECM - Big $

07hogcustom

Hey Just a quick word of warning...

I just purchased the CobraUSA Fi2000 PowerPro Tuner (on Amazon from PowerSportSuperStore)

The installation (Following the very simple install instructions) on my 2007 Road King caused a blown ECM per the Tech at Sound Harley.

The products my work but if you get in trouble Cobra's policy is no refunds. Amazon won't step in and PSSS can't do anything per their contract.

I am stuck with a suspect tuner that Cobra won't refund or swap and bills for repairs (Total $972)

Don't risk it. See my story at consumertools.net

THX
Greg

Hey Just a quick word of warning...

I just purchased the CobraUSA Fi2000 PowerPro Tuner (on Amazon from PowerSportSuperStore)

The installation (Following the very simple install instructions) on my 2007 Road King caused a blown ECM per the Tech at Sound Harley.

The products my work but if you get in trouble Cobra's policy is no refunds. Amazon won't step in and PSSS can't do anything per their contract.

I am stuck with a suspect tuner that Cobra won't refund or swap and bills for repairs (Total $972)

Don't risk it. See my story at consumertools.net

THX
Greg

Have seen this a few times while working at a HD dealer. Occasionally the customer did get lucky and we would just remove tuner and the ECM was ok....Sometimes not. Usually found the ECM was shorted out for some reason.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I was getting ready to buy the Cobra in a few days. Thanks for alerting all of us who may be considering that product. I for one will hold off for awhile. Ride on!

WOW is all I can say from a reputable source, thanks for the heads up, glad you got it sorted

Thanks Jack, I'm glad its running right again, now if I can pry some of that almost $1000 out of Cobra's hands I'll sleep better... Stay tuned, I'm going after them big time online. G

Glad this found you in time dclarke

In the end, I just had HD download their stage 1 tuning and it runs great

G
I'm going to do the same thing SE slip on mufflers SE air intake stage1 download in the near future for me
WAP.gif

Ive had the cobra 2000r on my 08 ultra for 5yrs. with no issues. It doesn't even hook up to the positive battery terminal. Just uses the o2 sensor connectors and fuel injector connectors with a ground wire. I just wonder if something else was the cause of the ecm to fry. I have been happy with it.

Ive had the cobra 2000r on my 08 ultra for 5yrs. with no issues. It doesn't even hook up to the positive battery terminal. Just uses the o2 sensor connectors and fuel injector connectors with a ground wire. I just wonder if something else was the cause of the ecm to fry. I have been happy with it.

I too am very happy with my auto tuner even changed from drags to a two into one bassani system and didn't skip a beat I for one am glad I have it on my 06 heritage but that's just my humble opinion.

Yep, its a strange thing. The instructions are very simple and it never touches the positive terminal (Although TFS accused me of doing that. I didn't appreciate that at all. Oh and they said I might have dropped the ECM on the floor at some point... where does that come from!?) and nobody can say what happened. I don't have that answer and neither does CobraUSA.

So, should that be my $1000 loss? I'm just use to a much higher level of support and I will not be dealing with Cobra in the future.

The best advice... ask up front how you will be supported if it goes wrong. I wish I had.

G

Back