free website stats program Cobra true duals | Harley Davidson Forums

Cobra true duals

EMGLIDE

Hello all,just installed cobra true duals on my 08 egc.
Nice install took about 3 hrs total time,seperating the factory y-pipe on the rear head can be problem.another problem can be the rear cobra head pipe as it is pretty close to the frame on left side where it curves around,may have to tweak it a little with a pry bar for added clearence like i did. Also you will have to loosen the the rear floorboard mount the right side in order to get the front pipe heat sheild installed
also may have to tweak heat sheild a little as it is close to or touching the mount.
After completed took for a ride and discoved the engine revs freer and has a nice mellow but yet aggressive sound when combined with the rush mufflers i already had.
Price was 325 from dennis kirk which was the best price since they have free shipping,found lower price but that did not include free shipping.
Hope this helps anybody considering this upgrade,whether it be cobras pipes or anybodys for that matter.
Have great ride especially everybody in the northern states where the weather is finally starting to break loose so we can ride again!!!!

EMGlide sounds like you got a pretty good deal looking forward to seeing your pictures of the finished product.

There's nothing like the self satisfaction of doing it yourself and lovin the end result.

Did you need to replace the gaskets when you did this and are they suplied with the pipes or do I need to get some from dealer. Will be adding these pipes this spring as well ....thanks

Back