free website stats program Cobra Fi2000R | Harley Davidson Forums

Cobra Fi2000R

I'm about to put a set of Rinehart true duels on my 07 Road King Custom I also have a high volume air cleaner system to go with it. I would like to know if any of the experts on here (Glider , Hobit, etc...) have had any experiance with the Cobra Fi2000R fuel management system ??? I have been looking for a while now and have looked at the power commander and the Harley race tuner, both seem to be a lot of money for what you get, then you have to get the download and tune it after the install.

It seems like this system is pretty much plug and play with maybe some minor tweeks when done. They say the unit is preprogramed for your model bike. Any info you guys could provide would be great... Thanks

The Cobra unit works much the same as the TFI but I am unaware of any "preprogramming" with this unit. It has adjustable pots much like the TFI and the newer ones attach at the injectors the same as the TFI where as the older Cobra units attached with tyhe scotch locks.

I have used both and prefer to go with the TFI over the Cobra myself.

I have use the cobra. It's ok, but I don't think it's much cheaper than the TFI and TFI has an additional pot for more adjustment. If I were to chose between the two again I'd probably go with the TFI. If I were to chose between the Harley race tuner and power commander I'd go with the Thundermax Autotuner.

OK guys thanks again for the quick response, but being new at this stuff could one of you tell me what TFI is. Like I said I've been doing the research but have not seen this unit mentioned anywhere... Help please...Thanks

Glider,
Your still the best... After looking at those links I have actually seen the TFI you mentioned and in fact Hobit also sent me there. So thanks for all of your help.

One more question .... Is it advisable to have my bike Dyno tuned at the dealer after installing all of these parts ???? Will it make a big difference in performance and maybe save me from tatally screwing up my warrenty ???

No need for a dyno tune. If you go for the TFI, you get the settings that work for your add on's and from there they are tweakable for + or - until you get where you want to be. If you strive for absolute perfection then a dyno would be in order but IMO for a street ridden bike a dyno is an added expense that I can't justify.

I run that one on my 09 road king, mine likes 2-3-4 on the pot settings. I'm running a Kuryaken corsair intake and RB LSR2-1 exhaust. when I first put it on (before the exhaust) it dropped mileage. I started tuning it and found 2.5-4-4 was good and mileage increased. Then put on the exhaust and had to retune to the 2-3-4 settings, it runs strong, and mieage seems to be good, I'll fill up and post my MPG after I run a couple of tanks. I also just put in New champion plugs RA8HC, it is a replacement for the 6R12, and is a step hotter plug compared to the stock. I don't think you can go wrong with the Cobra, or the TFI. :mgun

Ok, newest update, I switched the pot settings to 1.5-5-5, this is the sweet spot, it runs incredible, and after running a couple of tanks of fire water through her, I'm getting 45 MPG, pretty impressive!

Gabbin, good info. I am looking at either the Cobra or Bodeck tuner for my Heritage. This will help in my decision.

Back