free website stats program Cobra FI2000 | Harley Davidson Forums

Cobra FI2000

tlyoungb

WOW...:bigsmiley12: I just had this device installed yesterday at a local shop here. I picked it up last night, and WOW. What a difference. It was like night and day. I have a 2005 EGS with 35k on her. Never had any problems with her, but when riding thru the hood in like 2nd or 3rd gear the bike would like sputter a little. Not any more. She even idles better. Well worth the money I spent. It's a keeper. The bike is all stock. No mods or anything. I am thinking of putting K&N air filter on her now.

Even when rolling down the road it just felt like it had way better throttle response. It is like riding on a new HD. I am happy:D

put on some pipes and an air cleaner and your really happy

Well I have a set of Pigs Slip ons. So I looked at the settings for the pipes, and the only setting I saw was for Aftermarket Air Cleaner, Exhaust.

Now does that mean both the aftermarket air cleaner and slip ons, or is it one or the other.

Hi Hobbit,
If I just install the pipes and keep the stock air cleaner would I still need to change these settings? The air cleaner is stock. I figure something has to change.

Hey Hobbit,

Yea I called Cobra Tech, and they said that you can adjust just for the pipes, and also the aftermarket air cleaner. The guy said, just get on it. Ride it down the road, and make the adjustments. If you have problems to call them. Really helpfull people over there.

Thanks.

Hey Hobbit,

Yea I called Cobra Tech, and they said that you can adjust just for the pipes, and also the aftermarket air cleaner. The guy said, just get on it. Ride it down the road, and make the adjustments. If you have problems to call them. Really helpfull people over there.

Thanks.

I would start out with setting the yellow and red pots halfway between stock and stage 1 settings.

Hey Hobbit,

Thanks.

Not too helpful if they didn't give you some base settings to start with for your application. That's why Techlusion works for me over the other low buck tuners. If there's a problem, George will diagnose it and give you a setting for solving the problem.

Well they do have a base setting. Then from there depending on what you add you make the changes accordingly. I called Cobra and Talked with a Tech Engineer for free. All in all the Cobra FI2000 is doing everything it is suppose to do.

I did just what the engineer said. I told him what type of slip ons I had, and he gave me the figures to set. I can tell a huge difference in the way the bike runs now. What a difference from stock. WOW.

Back