free website stats program clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch

jel123

this is a new one on me about a month ago while riding my clutch adj. went from good to hardly anything checked the clutch ok then pulled the tranny cover everything seemed ok so i adj clutch cable worked fine got on the bike yesterday a cluch adj was way to tight had to readjust back to where it was in the first place works fine again any clues out there,jel

Clutch adjustments must ONLY be done on a cold engine otherwise when they warm up, everything goes south as far as adjustments.

I,ve been adjusting harley clutches for 40 yrs beleive me that,s not the problem it went from fine to bad right now not over a period of time,jel

I,ve been adjusting harley clutches for 40 yrs beleive me that,s not the problem it went from fine to bad right now not over a period of time,jel

Hmmm. That is about half as much as Glider!! :D

When you pulled the side cover off the tranny, did you take out the snap ring so you could inspect the ball bearings? Any chance that something could have been in there interfering with them? On the other side, did you look at the diaphragm spring all the way around to make sure there was nothing interfering with it? Those are the two ends of the clutch engagement/disengagement mechanism. The stuff in between those is all solid bits!

TQ

Back