free website stats program Clutch rubbing gasket? | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch rubbing gasket?

Rayolite

I did a primary fluid change on an 06 FLHXi 95ci 53,000 miles on it. Can anybody explain what happened? I took the cover off again to see if the gasket had any rub/gouge marks and there was none.
EyKpcw6YAPhp-iLdQISZMVQFNTcmKEOOuFRfShxuebQ

Would you explain what you are trying to ask here a bit better?

There shouldn't be any rub marks the way I see it.

I do believe there shouldn't be any rub/gouge marks also. I take it your see the pic of the gasket and see the rub/gouge marks. My question is: What would have caused such a rub/gouge on the gasket? I have asked a couple gearhead friends with nothing concrete for an answer. The new gasket has no marks with 1474 miles on it. Two HD dealers didn't have an answer also.

Picasa Web Albums - Ray link

P6240490.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
You were speaking of the derby cover gasket:D

No reason why it should have rub marks unless you have a fastener backing out of the clutch hub but it would be a circular pattern all the way around.

You were speaking of the derby cover gasket:D

No reason why it should have rub marks unless you have a fastener backing out of the clutch hub but it would be a circular pattern all the way around.

Yes, one in the same, derby/clutch cover gasket. It is NOT a circular pattern. That is what makes it not logical.

Yes, That is the pic.

The inner rub/gouge mark is the only one that lines up with the fastener heads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like screwdriver holes to me,,??

I never cared for the full gasket,,, IF mine, I'd go back to a "O" ring style.. If unavailable, stay with the fiber gasket.. If anything Hit from the inside, there would be a bigger problem than just the gasket...

Close looking???? could the gasket been bad(holes there) and a sealant covering the gasket Melted off into the oil after heated enough????

Don't see any other way..

OH Yes, Did you install the gasket OR did the shop???

signed....BUBBIE

Looks like screwdriver holes to me,,??

I never cared for the full gasket,,, IF mine, I'd go back to a "O" ring style.. If unavailable, stay with the fiber gasket.. If anything Hit from the inside, there would be a bigger problem than just the gasket...

Close looking???? could the gasket been bad(holes there) and a sealant covering the gasket Melted off into the oil after heated enough????

Don't see any other way..

OH Yes, Did you install the gasket OR did the shop???

signed....BUBBIE

Those are not puncture holes, jus rub/gouge marks. The gasket looks like it made of aluminum with a fine felt bonded to it.

The shop installed this.

Thanks for your input.

Back