free website stats program clutch problem | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch problem

harleyrider6

Hello,

This is my problem, my bike had a stock clutch and the rivets came out and destroyed everything, so I replaced everything from chain adjusting shoe to clutch cable, but I used a milwaukee twin disc set which was made by Energy One. This has extra disc instead of the double plate with the rivets jp cycles recommend this. My problem is when I let the clutch out the lever is almost all the way out before it hooks up maybe a 1/4" before it is out and sometimes it squeals but it rides and shifts good so any input on how to get the clutch to engage where it should, will be greatly appreciated.

John

Hello,

This is my problem, my bike had a stock clutch and the rivets came out and destroyed everything, so I replaced everything from chain adjusting shoe to clutch cable, but I used a milwaukee twin disc set which was made by Energy One. This has extra disc instead of the double plate with the rivets jp cycles recommend this. My problem is when I let the clutch out the lever is almost all the way out before it hooks up maybe a 1/4" before it is out and sometimes it squeals but it rides and shifts good so any input on how to get the clutch to engage where it should, will be greatly appreciated.

John

Try this:

Easy Clutch Adjustment Method - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Back