free website stats program clutch making noise but won't engage | Harley Davidson Forums

clutch making noise but won't engage

WaltM

Hell, I'm hoping someone can help me. My clutch will not engage and there is noise coming from the primary casing.I have tension in the clutch cable so it's not that. Bike had a new clutch installed last summer and all fluids were changed at the start of the riding season. I don't beat or abuse my bike and I am at a total lose here. I was riding last sunday and every thing was fine I parked my bike at my AM. Legion post and had a soda(I don't drink when riding) when I went to leave all was fine.I stopped at a red lite up the road when the lite turned green I went to take off but my bike wouldn't go. It feels like the bike is going into gear and I also hear a bunch of noise coming from the primary casing. Does any one have any ideas???

Sounds like the primary chain has broken , or the front sprocket . You have to take of the primary-cover , to check.
I don't know if there's an inspection cover on a sportster, to check chaintension etc. Goodluck

Welcome to the forum from Gulf Coast AL.
I agree with Roadking - 1960 that your problem is somewhere in the primary, chain, adjusters, sprocket.
A service manual can walk you through the diagnosis and repair.

Sounds like the primary chain has broken , or the front sprocket . You have to take of the primary-cover , to check.
I don't know if there's an inspection cover on a sportster, to check chaintension etc. Goodluck
there is a inspection cover the chain seems to have tension on it i havent pulled the primary cover off yet

Back