free website stats program Clutch main shaft nut | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch main shaft nut

1bdi

I'm going to replace my compensator with the SE up grade and was wondering what size is the clutch main shaft nut. (2008 ultra)
I want to make sure I have everything I need before opening her up.
I've been reading everything posted here about the process and have not been able to find any mention of this nut size.
My selection of large sockets is limited and don't want to leave things open to the elements as I'm working out doors.
I just got the SE air cleaner kit and a set of Cycle Shack 3" slip-ons, still waiting for the TFI. (Canada post...... LOL!!!)

Make sure you have your steel locking tool ready. The cutting board and wooden ones did not really work for me. Will you be grinding your rotor clearance or removing your inner primary?

I have heard some models not having any clearance issues with the rotor. I don't know which ones but it would be nice to know which one you have upfront since you will be outdoors.

Wow! You guys are quick!!

Thanks Dr.
Like I said I've been reading all the threads and I thought I read it some where, But I can't seem to find things a second time around.

Hi Hoople
I have a piece of 6061 T6 aluminum as a locking tool and a rotary file at the ready! I'll let you know if I have clearance or not.

Thanks guys!!

Wow! You guys are quick!!

Thanks Dr.
Like I said I've been reading all the threads and I thought I read it some where, But I can't seem to find things a second time around.

A few minutes of practice messing around with the Advanced Search function of this forum will yield huge benefits!

Back