free website stats program Clutch and Brake Lever Adjustment? | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch and Brake Lever Adjustment?

RD HOG

Just picked up a second bike for my wife, its an 03 dyna wide glide...beautiful bike, bought it from the original owner, kind of cool, matches my ultra. Ive searched this and cant find an answer. She is having problems reaching and keeping the clutch lever engaged inititally. Shes not bad on the front brake, but her fingers dont quite make the reach. Ive tried several times, its seems normal to me, but maybe her smaller hands make it more difficult. Is there a way or a mod to move the levers closer to the grips, so her hands dont have too stretch out quite so far.
Seems like a dumb question, but im all ears.

Thanks,

Mike

My wife had a similar problem with her dyna and all i had to do was spin the leavers upwards on the bars so taht they were on a straight line from the shoulder palm of hand on top of handgrip and leavers spun up to touch the fingers
That worked for her

Brian

You might give these a try, brand new adjustable clutch lever by Kuryakyn. Have not tried them personally so can't give you an honest opinion on them.

Kryakyn - Harley - Boss Blades

Also noticed when I installed the Avon Grips that it was easier to get a better grip on my levers as they are a smaller diameter and could be another option for you.

Back