free website stats program Clutch Adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

Clutch Adjustment

Big John

OK, so all was well with my clutch when I lunched my stator. I pulled the inner/outer primary, replaced the stator and put everything back together. I started the bike, pulled in the clutch and dropped it into 1st and went for a short hop across the garage. Not fun. Anyway, I've read everything I could find....posts on "easy clutch adjustment", the manual, watched the movie and went thru the routine 7 times, all with the same result. I pull the clutch, put it in 1st and hit the starter and the bike just starts moving. I have followed the manual and all the other info to a T.....I know this is a simple process but it seems I cant wrap my head around the problem. This is my 99 King....just for reference, I put my 07 Road Glide in gear (bike not running), pulled in the clutch and the bike rolls freely. Not the King. I need some help.....anyone have any ideas where I'm going wrong???

Check the circlip holding the clutch adjustment is seated correctly.If it is not seated correctly it will cause the problem you are having.

Absolutly right on the money! I seated the clip, followed the "easy adjustment" info and on down the road I went!! Thanks for the quick reply....I would have ended up doing something stupid(er)

Back